January 22, 2012

Noel Gallagher Big Day Out New Zealand



There were two reasons two go to the Auckland Big Day Out in 2012. One rhymed with Garden and the other was Noel Gallagher. Mr Oasis. Mr Wonder Wall.

He said the day before the show:

"I haven't been to NZ since 1997. I have no recollection of it at all! My tour manager informed me I may have had an impromptu sing song round a piano in a hotel bar with that singer Joe Cocker!! I don't remember that at all!! Scary, eh?"

I saw that show - it was pretty crazy, Liam was drunk, Noel stormed out!

Playing the last ever gig at the BDO, Noel had some big shoes to fill. Joe Strummer did an amazing set after the RCHP in 2000 and the Flaming Lips will live in infamy for their costume filled closing act in 2005.

So did Noel deliver? Let's just say for him to close the Big Day Out with Don't Look Back in Anger was pretty apt. Also die hard fans got three Oasis b-sides! Stocked to here Talk Tonight - I pretty much learnt how to play guitar with the chords from that song! Any way, here's the set list.

Noel Gallagher Big Day Out 2012 Set List

(It's Good) To Be Free
Everybody's on the Run
Dream On
If I Had a Gun... 
 The Death of You and Me 
Wonderwall
Supersonic
Talk Tonight 
Half The World Away
Stranded on the Wrong Beach
The Importance of Being Idle
Don't Look Back In Anger

After the gig Noel shopped online for a wort chiller.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...